We are excited that you have selected Rytualist for your next cosmetic treatment! Before you arrive for your treatment, please follow the below pre-treatment guidelines to prepare for a successful and enjoyable experience with your Aesthetics Injector and Rytualist team.
Neurotoxin Injections (Botox)
- Avoid the consumption of alcoholic beverages at least 24hrs prior to treatment (alcohol may thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising).
- Avoid anti- inflammatory/blood thinning medications, if possible, for 1 week before treatment. Medications and supplements such as aspirin, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, ginseng, garlic, St. John’s Wort, omega 3/fish oil supplements, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Advil, Aleve, and other NSAIDs have a blood thinning effect and can increase the risk of bruising and swelling after injections. Please consult your primary care physician prior to stopping any medications.
- Be mindful of when you schedule your Botox appointment – it should be at least 2 weeks prior to a special event (i.e. wedding or vacation). Results take approximately 4-7 days to appear, with best results after about 14 days. Bruising and swelling may occur within this time frame as well.
- To help minimize bruising, you can apply homeopathic Arnica ointment 3 times per day to bruising or you can take Arnica tablets 3 to 4 days prior. Also, a good nutritional food such as pineapple and papaya which is rich in Bromelain.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A 2 days before and 2 days after treatment to avoid redness.
- Please reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance if you have a rash, cold sore or blemish on the area.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please let your provider know, they may put you on an antiviral medication prior to treatment.
- It is recommended you wait at least 2 weeks to have a neurotoxin treatment if you have previously had laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or microdermabrasion. Please call us to reschedule if this is the case.
- Be sure you have a good breakfast, including food and drink before your procedure. This will decrease the chance of lightheadedness during treatment.
- You are not a candidate if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Day of Treatment
- Come with a clean face. No makeup, please!
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness and mild stinging during injection and you may have a small amount of redness or swelling which is normal.
- Exfoliate your skin at least 12 hours prior to each session.
- If you are prone to cold sores please begin your Acyclovir or Valcyclovir two days prior to your appointment and continue taking it 2 days post-treatment
- Discontinue retinol (2% or higher) or tretinoin at least 3 days prior
- You may take Tylenol 1-2 hours before your treatment to help reduce any discomfort
- Please arrive without makeup and with clean skin, and for men a clean shaven face
- If your treatment is for hair loss please arrive with clean, dry hair and as short of a haircut as possible. Please do not apply sprays or gels
- If you have had Botox, Fillers or any recent injectables you must wait at least two weeks before having this treatment
- Depending on the needle length, a topical numbing cream may be applied before your procedure.
- You can expect a mild redness, light swelling, tiny red flecks, and a tight warm sensation (similar to a sunburn) for the first 12-72 hours
- It is preferable you avoid makeup for the first day, following treatment, but if you must wear it please wait at least 2 hours afters
The procedure CANNOT be performed if:
- You are pregnant or nursing
- Have a compromised immune system
- Have Cancer and/or undergoing chemo or radiation treatments
- Have uncontrolled diabetes
- Are allergic to stainless steel
- Have chronic inflammatory skin disease
- Have Hemophilia or any bleeding disorder
- Have an active Herpes virus
- Have taken Accutane within the last 2 years
PCA Skin Peels
- Use of PCA SKIN® daily care products prior to your peel will prepare the skin, allow for better treatment results and reduce the risk of complications. This is recommended but not mandatory.
- Please consult your skin care provider if you are breastfeeding. We do not recommend chemical peels for pregnant women.
- Refrain from tanning bed use two weeks prior to treatment.
- It is recommended that extended sun exposure be avoided, especially in the 10 days prior to treatment.
- It is recommended to delay use of tretinoin, Retin-A®, Renova®, Differin®, Tazorac®, Avage®, EpiDuo™, Ziana® and high-percentage AHA and BHA products for approximately five days prior to treatment. Consult your physician before temporarily discontinuing use of any prescription medications.
- PCA SKIN® superficial peels result in little to no downtime but create dramatic and visible results. Treatments may cause slight redness, tightness, peeling, flaking or temporary dryness. Most patients find it unnecessary to apply makeup, as the skin will be smooth, dewy and radiant following your treatment. If you would like to apply makeup, allow approximately 15 minutes for the pH of the skin to stabilize before applying foundation.
After receiving a PCA SKIN® professional treatment, you should not necessarily expect to ‘peel’. However, light flaking in a few localized areas for several days is typical. Most patients who undergo these treatments have residual redness for approximately one to twelve hours post-procedure.